Saturday 31 May 1834

Fine. Fahrenheit 57 at 8 1/4 a.m. good kiss last night breakfast at 8 1/2 in my dressing gown - packing all the morning

Dr. Belcombe came about 1 1/2 or after - the carriage came at 1 50/60 - packed the inside myself and saw the postboy do the back boot - dinner at 3 - Mr. Brown came about 3 1/2 to give Miss Walker a lesson how to do the clouds of her worsted work

Off from Heworth grange at 3 52/60 called at Mrs. Williamson's to see the silver handled knives for which Miss Walker and I had almost offered 40/- a dozen - the lady would not take less than £3 so troubled myself no more about them

Off from York 4 10/60 the carriage very full - left Eugenie and Joseph with Miss Walker had to keep awake and look perpetually behind to see that the box tied there was safe

At Shibden at 9 35/60 20 minutes helping to get the great chain &c. &c. out of the carriage - 20 minutes with my aunt very much better had been out twice in the garden - then coffee in the little sitting room and sat talking to Marion till 12 - said Miss Walker and I should give her £100 on going away finally - she thought it too much - I said it certainly was not - my aunts being so surprisingly better put going to Paris into my head again - Marion thought it would, and thought we might be away very well the next 2 months - came to my room at 12 - very fine day. Fahrenheit 66 now at 1 1/4 tonight - Letter from Lady Stuart and Lord Hillsborough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday 18 April 1839

Wednesday 13 March 1839

Thursday 29 May 1834